Friday, April 20, 2007

Grass

I was helping prepare for Simona and Raca's wedding. I was making small decoration bouquets with Carmen and Roxi in the church. When we ran out of the green leaves with the white in the center I noticed Carmen at the front of the sanctuary. She was pulling green leaves with white in the center out of the potted plants so we could add them to our bouquets.

"No one will miss them," Carmen told me when she noticed me watching her take them.

Then I looked at the materials we were using to make our bouquets. At that point in dawned on me that ALL of the green leaves with white in the center were from the same potted plant at the front of the church, not from the florist as I had imagined.

"How many of these long blades of grass should I use in the bouquet?" I asked the girls.

"It doesn't matter. There's plenty more where that came from." I thought I recognised the blades of grass from the church parking lot.

I had to smile at how funny it was that among our special decorations were many things we looked at every week just used in a new way.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Marilyn!
I found your blog through the Handel blog. I am excited to be able to read about what you are doing. Check out our blog through Julie's also...